Breaking: UTEP hires Sean Kugler as head coach; Jeff Choate to join staff
Posted by: Pete Roussel on December 8, 2012
Sources have informed CoachingSearch.com that Pittsburgh Steelers offensive line coach Sean Kugler has accepted the head coaching job at UTEP.
Early Friday evening, we first reported that Kugler had indeed interviewed for the job and was the frontrunner. On Saturday morning, Kugler accepted the position.
Additionally, CoachingSearch.com has learned that Washington State linebackers coach Jeff Choate will be named defensive coordinator at UTEP.
Stay tuned to the Coaching Search Ticker for more information.
Pete Roussel is a valuable resource for coaches, athletic directors, NFL front-office personnel, and college football enthusiasts. A former college football coach, Roussel shares insight on coaches 365 days a year and is recognized as the most trusted expert on coaching transactions. Follow @CoachingSearch on twitter and send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
- NCAA grants waiver to Ole Miss assistant to monitor throwing mechanics of injured QB
- Finebaum: Johnny Manziel is trending towards becoming a punch line
- Does an experienced offensive line lead to success?
- Paul Johnson counting on Ted Roof
- Photo: UCLA says it is 'Linebacker U'
- Mike Zimmer on Hard Knocks: 'Sometimes I'm portrayed as a lunatic'
- Ellis Johnson explains why he's not concerned about the effect of Malzahn's tempo
- Mike Smith: We won't talk about being 10 yards short
- Larry Fedora: 'It's one of the greatest things in college sports'
- Alabama's locker room will have a waterfall