Chris Petersen not concerned about coaching job speculation
|Written by Chris Vannini|
Posted by: Chris Vannini on November 26, 2012
Chris Petersen has been through this drill many times.
Every year, his name comes up for various coaching vacancies. But just like in past years, Petersen says the rumors are ridiculous, and they don't create any sort of distraction for him or his team.
"It is not even kind of (a distraction)," he said at his weekly press conference. "It's just rumors and that's all I really want to say. It's just rumors. I don't even think half the time it's reporters. Everybody is a reporter these days. Everybody's got an opinion on a blog or something like that. So you throw it out and, 'Oh, it's going to happen.' I remember (a reporter) a couple years had to talk to me. He was like, 'This one is really, really true. This one I promise you. This one is getting legs.'
"It was so false. It is what it is. You guys love it, I know it's great and sells whatever, but it means zero here. We don't even pay attention to it."
There is one problem that can come as a result of the rumors: recruiting.
"The only trouble is recruiting and so 99.9 percent is always completely false," he said. "The problem is 0.1. But there hasn't even been 0.1."
Petersen has been Boise State's head coach since 2006.
Recent Articles on CoachingSearch.com
Chris Vannini is the lead writer for CoachingSearch.com and has covered Michigan State sports for The State News, The Oakland Press and MLive.com. He writes a weekly column for the Detroit Free Press on behalf of SB Nation. Vannini lives in Big Ten country, so his foot speed is far from SEC caliber, but his pulse on coaches is hard to match. Be sure to follow @CoachingBuzz on twitter and send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kentucky assistant Jimmy Brumbaugh: If a player believes in me...
- Rich Rod feels the Wildcats have a hard edge
- Gary Andersen: Every magazine is going to be talking about Wisconsin
- Photo: Kliff Kingsbury's new office painting is awesome
- Marvin Lewis talks red zone efficiency
- NC State ticket promo video: This is our State
- Tom Jurich explains what he wants in a Louisville coach
- Dabo Swinney: 'That's all people talk about'
- Matt Campbell: Look at returning snaps, not starters
- Auburn assistant Tim Horton believes the Tigers aren't as far off as you think