Source: Syracuse hires Fred Reed
Posted by: Pete Roussel on February 19, 2013
Sources have informed CoachingSearch.com very early Tuesday morning that Ohio University defensive backs coach Fred Reed will join the Syracuse staff.
Before joining Frank Solich's staff, Reed served as the assistant defensive backs coach with the Detroit Lions. He previously served as the defensive coordinator at the University of Buffalo in 2008 and 2009.
Reed spent the 2005 season at Ohio, his first stint under Solich. He has also coached at Nebraska-Omaha and Michigan Tech.
At Syracuse, Reed will work under head coach Scott Shafer and defensive coordinator Chuck Bullough.
The rest of the defensive staff includes defensive line coach Tim Daoust and linebackers coach Clark Lea.
Shafer has elected not to begin spring practice until March 19.
The Orange open the 2013 season against Penn State in Met Life Stadium. A week later, Syracuse travels to Northwestern. In week 4, Syracuse will host Tulane.
Next season is the first year in the ACC.
Pete Roussel is a valuable resource for coaches, athletic directors, NFL front-office personnel, and college football enthusiasts. A former college football coach, Roussel shares insight on coaches 365 days a year and is recognized as the most trusted expert on coaching transactions. Follow @CoachingSearch on twitter and send your feedback to email@example.com
- Al Borges: 'People don't understand the value of a failed play'
- College football off-season studies
- Michigan State AD: Hiring Dantonio was 'scientific' not just 'I like that guy'
- 100 days until college football
- South Carolina football nails season-ticket promo
- Clemson releases hype video 100 days from opener
- Ed Cunningham: I would have trashed that coach on social media
- Dan Mullen: I'm more worried about winning than the number of games
- 100 days out: Butch Jones delivers video message to the Vol nation
- Oklahoma schools partner for tornado recovery shirt