Bobby Petrino’s Arkansas staff: Where are they now?
|Written by Josh Kendall|
Posted by: Josh Kendall on January 25, 2013
This morning, we broke the news that former Arkansas assistant Steve Caldwell has accepted the job as Arkansas State's defensive line coach. That means at least eight of the nine assistants who were on the staff of Bobby Petrino and then John L. Smith with the Razorbacks have found work.
Two of them, in fact, have gone on to head coaching jobs. Paul Petrino, Arkansas' offensive coordinator / quarterbacks coach, is now the head coach at Idaho. Paul Haynes, the Razorbacks defensive coordinator, is now the head coach at Kent State.
Taver Johnson was retained by new Arkansas coach Bret Bielema as cornerbacks coach. Bobby Allen also was retained by Bielema although he was moved from the defensive backs job to director of high school relations.
Kris Cinkovich followed Paul Petrino to Idaho, where he is offensive coordinator. Tim Horton remained in the SEC, taking Auburn's tight ends job, and Kevin Peoples briefly followed Bobby Petrino to Western Kentucky before taking the defensive line job at UAB.
The only one left is offensive line coach Chris Klenakis, who as far as we know, has not found a new job yet. Let's hope Chris finds a landing spot soon.
Smith is now the head coach at Division II Fort Lewis College.
UPDATE: Chris Klenakis has just landed a job at Iowa State.
Josh Kendall is a staff writer for CoachingSearch.com and has covered the SEC for more than 15 years for papers such as the Athens Banner-Herald, Macon Telegraph, and The State. He’s the father of two boys who he’s hoping don’t inherit his wide receiver frame and offensive guard feet. Follow @EyeOnCoaches on twitter and send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brady Hoke: The SEC isn't the only conference with good football
- Does Erik Spoelstra feel lucky to have a Game 7?
- Scott Frost: When Chip Kelly left, this team could have run itself
- Al Golden: 'There are great days ahead'
- NCAA grants waiver to Ole Miss assistant to monitor throwing mechanics of injured QB
- Finebaum: Johnny Manziel is trending towards becoming a punch line
- Does an experienced offensive line lead to success?
- Paul Johnson counting on Ted Roof
- Photo: UCLA says it is 'Linebacker U'
- Mike Zimmer on Hard Knocks: 'Sometimes I'm portrayed as a lunatic'