Breaking: Paul Petrino accepts the Idaho head coaching job
Posted by: Pete Roussel on December 2, 2012
Sources have informed CoachingSearch.com that Arkansas offensive coordinator / quarterbacks coach Paul Petrino will be named head coach at Idaho.
During his coaching career, Petrino has held positions with Carroll College, Louisville, Idaho, Southern Miss, Utah State, the Atlanta Falcons, Illinois, and Arkansas.
Petrino will replace Robb Akey, who was dismissed during his sixth season leading the Vandals.
Idaho opens the 2013 season at North Texas. The Vandals then play at Wyoming, Northern Illinois, and at Washington State.
Pete Roussel is a valuable resource for coaches, athletic directors, NFL front-office personnel, and college football enthusiasts. A former college football coach, Roussel shares insight on coaches 365 days a year and is recognized as the most trusted expert on coaching transactions. Follow @CoachingSearch on twitter and send your feedback to email@example.com
- Al Borges: 'People don't understand the value of a failed play'
- College football off-season studies
- Michigan State AD: Hiring Dantonio was 'scientific' not just 'I like that guy'
- 100 days until college football
- South Carolina football nails season-ticket promo
- Clemson releases hype video 100 days from opener
- Ed Cunningham: I would have trashed that coach on social media
- Dan Mullen: I'm more worried about winning than the number of games
- 100 days out: Butch Jones delivers video message to the Vol nation
- Oklahoma schools partner for tornado recovery shirt