Source: Arkansas has not offered Les Miles
Posted by: Pete Roussel on November 27, 2012 (10:55 pm CT)
A source with direct knowledge of the situation has informed me tonight that Arkansas athletic director has NOT made an offer to LSU head coach Les Miles.
A report from the website SportsByBrooks.com first reported a 5-year deal was on the table for Miles to become the head coach of the Razorbacks.
The New Orleans Times-Picayune claims they can confirm the information is true. According to Jim Kleinpeter, Miles has been offered 5-years and $27.5 million.
LSU sports information director Michael Bonnette told the Times-Picayune tonight, "It's been brought to Les' attention and he didn't have anything to say."
I can confirm, however, that Miles has not been offered the job, nor has he been approached by Arkansas athletic director Jeff Long.
Long expects to name a coach within the next 8-12 days.
Stay tuned to the Coaching Search Ticker.
Recent articles on CoachingSearch.com
Pete Roussel is a valuable resource for coaches, athletic directors, NFL front-office personnel, and college football enthusiasts. A former college football coach, Roussel shares insight on coaches 365 days a year and is recognized as the most trusted expert on coaching transactions. Follow @CoachingSearch on twitter and send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kentucky assistant Jimmy Brumbaugh: If a player believes in me...
- Rich Rod feels the Wildcats have a hard edge
- Gary Andersen: Every magazine is going to be talking about Wisconsin
- Photo: Kliff Kingsbury's new office painting is awesome
- Marvin Lewis talks red zone efficiency
- NC State ticket promo video: This is our State
- Tom Jurich explains what he wants in a Louisville coach
- Dabo Swinney: 'That's all people talk about'
- Matt Campbell: Look at returning snaps, not starters
- Auburn assistant Tim Horton believes the Tigers aren't as far off as you think