Mike MacIntyre says he hasn't been contacted about any jobs
|Written by Chris Vannini|
Posted by: Chris Vannini on November 26, 2012
One coaching name that could make a jump up to a higher level is San Jose State's Mike MacIntyre.
MacIntyre has taken the Spartans from 1-10 in his first season in 2010 to 10-2 in 2012. But he told the San Jose Mercury News that he has yet to be contacted by schools with openings, adding he wasn't offered the Kentucky job.
"There's no truth to that," MacIntyre told the paper. "Even my daughter's calling me from Texas, saying 'Hey what's this?' It's just all internet stuff. Those things are always going to fly.
"To me, that's good for the program. I know people think that distracts, but there's all kinds of stuff all over the internet all the time. Honestly, I'm just trying to focus on the bowl game and recruiting and we'll go from there."
His name has also been brought up as a possible candidate for the Cal job. Still, MacIntyre was asked if he would listen to offers that came his way, which would include sizable pay raises.
"I don't know about that," he told the paper. "I love it here. I've got a son that's a junior in high school. I know he definitely wants to see his senior year. There's a lot of issues that go into everything."
Recent Articles on CoachingSearch.com
Chris Vannini is the lead writer for CoachingSearch.com and has covered Michigan State sports for The State News, The Oakland Press and MLive.com. He writes a weekly column for the Detroit Free Press on behalf of SB Nation. Vannini lives in Big Ten country, so his foot speed is far from SEC caliber, but his pulse on coaches is hard to match. Be sure to follow @CoachingBuzz on twitter and send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
- NCAA grants waiver to Ole Miss assistant to monitor throwing mechanics of injured QB
- Finebaum: Johnny Manziel is trending towards becoming a punch line
- Does an experienced offensive line lead to success?
- Paul Johnson counting on Ted Roof
- Photo: UCLA says it is 'Linebacker U'
- Mike Zimmer on Hard Knocks: 'Sometimes I'm portrayed as a lunatic'
- Ellis Johnson explains why he's not concerned about the effect of Malzahn's tempo
- Mike Smith: We won't talk about being 10 yards short
- Larry Fedora: 'It's one of the greatest things in college sports'
- Alabama's locker room will have a waterfall