Wyoming head coach Dave Christensen suspended one week
Posted by: Pete Roussel on October 22, 2012
According to the Casper Star Tribune reporter Ben Frederickson, Wyoming head coach Dave Christensen has been suspended one week and will not coach on Saturday against Boise State for his post-game tirade towards Air Force head coach Troy Calhoun.
Offensive line / running backs coach Pete Kaligis will coach in place of Christensen. Kaligis stated today, "The program Christensen has installed is a fine oiled machine. It rolls."
AD Tom Burman was asked if Christensen's job is in jeopardy. He replied, "Not today."
The Cowboys travel to Boise State on Saturday.
Earlier today, Chris Petersen stated that he knows Christensen as a 'mellow guy.'
Hard to say there's anything mellow about this: (Warning: explicit language)
Pete Roussel is a valuable resource for coaches, athletic directors, NFL front-office personnel, and college football enthusiasts. A former college football coach, Roussel shares insight on coaches 365 days a year and is recognized as the most trusted expert on coaching transactions. Follow @CoachingSearch on twitter and send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Al Borges: 'People don't understand the value of a failed play'
- College football off-season studies
- Michigan State AD: Hiring Dantonio was 'scientific' not just 'I like that guy'
- 100 days until college football
- South Carolina football nails season-ticket promo
- Clemson releases hype video 100 days from opener
- Ed Cunningham: I would have trashed that coach on social media
- Dan Mullen: I'm more worried about winning than the number of games
- 100 days out: Butch Jones delivers video message to the Vol nation
- Oklahoma schools partner for tornado recovery shirt