Posted by: Pete Roussel on July 2, 2012
According to the Daily Camera, second-year head coach Jon Embree has decided that he will not allow this year's true freshman to talk with the media until after Colorado's season-opener against Colorado State.
With one of the youngest teams in the nation that includes only eight seniors, Embree wants to limit distractions for a group of freshman, many of which will see early playing time.
Embree expects 24 of 29 signees from the 2012 recruiting class to join the squad during August camp.
Colorado opens the season against Colorado State (Mile High Stadium), Sacramento State, at Fresno State.
In the off-season, Embree was 1 of 16 head coaches to keep his entire assistant coaching staff intact for the 2012 season.
Here's a look at the 2012 Colorado coaching staff:
(Photo credit: CUBuffs.com)
Recent articles on CoachingSearch.com
Pete Roussel is a valuable resource for coaches, athletic directors, NFL front-office personnel, and college football enthusiasts. A former college football coach, Roussel shares insight on coaches 365 days a year and is recognized as the most trusted expert on coaching transactions. Follow @CoachingSearch on twitter and send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
- MWC commissioner: I don't think playoff will stay at 4 teams
- Late Spring All-Unemployed Coaches' Team
- Hugh Freeze: 'The only thing we have equal with Alabama is...'
- Is this a new Eastern Michigan helmet?
- Herb Hand lets Butch Jones know about hateful tweets
- Andre Ware unloads on Mike Gundy
- Chart: Big Ten assistant salaries by position
- Kirk Ferentz describes his one moment of doubt
- Is an ACC Network on its way?
- Predicting ESPN College GameDay locations for 2013