|Written by Chris Vannini|
Posted by: Chris Vannini on December 17, 2012
A week ago, Pete Carroll and the Seattle Seahawks drew some public ire following a 58-0 win over the Arizona Cardinals that included fourth-down throws to the end zone late in the blowout.
Seattle didn't do much to change that Sunday.
The Seahawks defeated the Buffalo Bills 50-17 in Toronto, becoming the third team in NFL history to score at least 50 points in back-to-back weeks - the first since 1950. Adding insult to injury, Seattle fan a fake punt in the fourth quarter with a 30-point lead. The play picked up 29 yards.
Carroll addressed the play in his opening comments after the game.
"I feel bad about this," Carroll said. "I hear from the guys about the fake punt. That was part of our game plan. It was something I could have called off and I didn't. It was an automatic for us. It happened. We were trying to make first downs and we let it go. It's unfortunate that it comes across like we're doing something wrong.
"That's my fault totally for not stopping it from happening. It was a very well executed play. We were looking forward to doing it and then it popped up late in the game."
You can watch Carroll's press conference by clicking here.
The Seahawks play the San Francisco 49ers next week, and the CEO of the Niners has no problem with what the Seahawks have done. On Sunday night, San Francisco lost a 31-3 second-half lead to the Patriots before scoring again to win.
Chris Vannini is the lead writer for CoachingSearch.com and has covered Michigan State sports for The State News, The Oakland Press and MLive.com. He writes a weekly column for the Detroit Free Press on behalf of SB Nation. Vannini lives in Big Ten country, so his foot speed is far from SEC caliber, but his pulse on coaches is hard to match. Be sure to follow @CoachingBuzz on twitter and send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
- BYU begins building anticipation with an 'All Touchdowns' video
- Todd Monken: People thought a new staff meant the problem was solved
- Rich Rodriguez, Wildcats close to utilizing brand new facility
- Nick Saban: 'I give myself a vacation, but...'
- Al Golden: We're building this to last
- CBS announces SEC double-header dates. Here are the game options.
- The 8 most entertaining college football assistant coaches on twitter
- Videos: Florida State championship rings renderings
- Les Miles explains why he wants to stick with 8 SEC games
- 'Come to Wyoming, Old Sport!'