|Written by Chris Vannini|
Posted by: Chris Vannini on December 6, 2012
Ohio State defensive line coach Mike Vrabel is only a few years removed from his playing days, so he can still get pretty pumped up.
So much so that he bashed his head open.
Vrabel was so excited before the Michigan game that he headbutted a player with a helmet on and split his head open. His wife tweeted a picture of Vrabel after he got stictches.
Chris Vannini is the lead writer for CoachingSearch.com and has covered Michigan State sports for The State News, The Oakland Press and MLive.com. He writes a weekly column for the Detroit Free Press on behalf of SB Nation. Vannini lives in Big Ten country, so his foot speed is far from SEC caliber, but his pulse on coaches is hard to match. Be sure to follow @CoachingBuzz on twitter and send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Is an ACC Network on its way?
- Predicting ESPN College GameDay locations for 2013
- Mark Richt: 'We have to start the year in mid-season form'
- Photo: Wyoming football is looking to be 'Fast N Furious'
- EJ Manuel: Jimbo's offense is more complex than the Bills' offense
- Sean Payton, new workout circuit transforming attitude and determination of Saints
- Sun Belt reveals new conference logo
- Ron English has one rule regarding practice fights
- Tough ticket: The 10 most-expensive games of 2013
- Photo: Michigan State coaches send welcome letter to recent commit