Posted by: Pete Roussel on December 2, 2012
Sources have informed CoachingSearch.com that Arkansas offensive coordinator / quarterbacks coach Paul Petrino will be named head coach at Idaho.
During his coaching career, Petrino has held positions with Carroll College, Louisville, Idaho, Southern Miss, Utah State, the Atlanta Falcons, Illinois, and Arkansas.
Petrino will replace Robb Akey, who was dismissed during his sixth season leading the Vandals.
Idaho opens the 2013 season at North Texas. The Vandals then play at Wyoming, Northern Illinois, and at Washington State.
Pete Roussel is a valuable resource for coaches, athletic directors, NFL front-office personnel, and college football enthusiasts. A former college football coach, Roussel shares insight on coaches 365 days a year and is recognized as the most trusted expert on coaching transactions. Follow @CoachingSearch on twitter and send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kentucky assistant Jimmy Brumbaugh: If a player believes in me...
- Rich Rod feels the Wildcats have a hard edge
- Gary Andersen: Every magazine is going to be talking about Wisconsin
- Photo: Kliff Kingsbury's new office painting is awesome
- Marvin Lewis talks red zone efficiency
- NC State ticket promo video: This is our State
- Tom Jurich explains what he wants in a Louisville coach
- Dabo Swinney: 'That's all people talk about'
- Matt Campbell: Look at returning snaps, not starters
- Auburn assistant Tim Horton believes the Tigers aren't as far off as you think