|Written by Chris Vannini|
Posted by: Chris Vannini on November 29, 2012
Wednesday was a big day for the University of Louisville.
While conference realignment has been moving schools around in recent years, it looked like Louisville could be left out. But on Wednesday, it was announced the Cardinals would be joining the ACC.
How big of a deal was this? U.S. Senate minority leader and Louisville alumnus Mitch McConnell took time on the senate floor to honor Louisville athletic director Tom Jurich on Thursday morning
In the video below, McConnell cites the athletic successes for Louisville since Jurich took over in 1997, including the opportunity to win a Big East football championship Thursday night.
Recent Articles on CoachingSearch.com
Chris Vannini is the lead writer for CoachingSearch.com and has covered Michigan State sports for The State News, The Oakland Press and MLive.com. He writes a weekly column for the Detroit Free Press on behalf of SB Nation. Vannini lives in Big Ten country, so his foot speed is far from SEC caliber, but his pulse on coaches is hard to match. Be sure to follow @CoachingBuzz on twitter and send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finebaum: Johnny Manziel is trending towards becoming a punch line
- Does an experienced offensive line lead to success?
- Paul Johnson counting on Ted Roof
- Photo: UCLA says it is 'Linebacker U'
- Mike Zimmer on Hard Knocks: 'Sometimes I'm portrayed as a lunatic'
- Ellis Johnson explains why he's not concerned about the effect of Malzahn's tempo
- Mike Smith: We won't talk about being 10 yards short
- Larry Fedora: 'It's one of the greatest things in college sports'
- Alabama's locker room will have a waterfall
- Despite 6 new assistants, Phil Steele predicts Marshall as the most improved team