Jon Embree places media restriction on incoming freshman
Posted by: Pete Roussel on July 2, 2012
According to the Daily Camera, second-year head coach Jon Embree has decided that he will not allow this year's true freshman to talk with the media until after Colorado's season-opener against Colorado State.
With one of the youngest teams in the nation that includes only eight seniors, Embree wants to limit distractions for a group of freshman, many of which will see early playing time.
Embree expects 24 of 29 signees from the 2012 recruiting class to join the squad during August camp.
Colorado opens the season against Colorado State (Mile High Stadium), Sacramento State, at Fresno State.
In the off-season, Embree was 1 of 16 head coaches to keep his entire assistant coaching staff intact for the 2012 season.
Here's a look at the 2012 Colorado coaching staff:
(Photo credit: CUBuffs.com)
Recent articles on CoachingSearch.com
Pete Roussel is a valuable resource for coaches, athletic directors, NFL front-office personnel, and college football enthusiasts. A former college football coach, Roussel shares insight on coaches 365 days a year and is recognized as the most trusted expert on coaching transactions. Follow @CoachingSearch on twitter and send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
- NCAA grants waiver to Ole Miss assistant to monitor throwing mechanics of injured QB
- Finebaum: Johnny Manziel is trending towards becoming a punch line
- Does an experienced offensive line lead to success?
- Paul Johnson counting on Ted Roof
- Photo: UCLA says it is 'Linebacker U'
- Mike Zimmer on Hard Knocks: 'Sometimes I'm portrayed as a lunatic'
- Ellis Johnson explains why he's not concerned about the effect of Malzahn's tempo
- Mike Smith: We won't talk about being 10 yards short
- Larry Fedora: 'It's one of the greatest things in college sports'
- Alabama's locker room will have a waterfall