Temple coaching search updates
Posted by: Chris Vannini on Thursday December 08, 2016
This page will update throughout Temple’s coaching search with the latest news and reports. Bookmark this page, and stay tuned to the Coaching Search Ticker.
- Florida defensive coordinator Geoff Collins has been named head coach.
- The Philadelphia Inquirer reports Temple is close to naming a new head coach, it will come from the college ranks, and it will not be defensive coordinator Phil Snow. Candidates possibly in the mix that fit that criteria include Sam Houston State head coach K.C. Keeler, Richmond head coach Danny Rocco, UCLA defensive coordinator Tom Bradley and others.
- Fox Sports’ Bruce Feldman reports Sam Houston State head coach K.C. Keeler is a possible name to watch for Temple.
- The Delaware News Journal reports Richmond head coach Danny Rocco will meet with Temple officials today about their head coaching job. Rocco is believed to be the frontrunner for the Delaware job.
- Old Dominion head coach Bobby Wilder will not interview for the Temple head coaching job, and he was offered a new contract by ODU on Friday, according to The Virginian-Pilot. Wilder briefly met with Temple officials last week. The paper adds Temple is interviewing candidates today.
- Philadelphia Eagles quarterbacks coach John DeFilippo has been contacted by Temple about their head coaching job, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer, which notes DeFilippo’s potential interest is unknown. Keep track of Temple updates here.
- Penn State offensive coordinator Joe Moorhead is not a candidate at Temple and will return to Penn State in 2017, according to Yahoo Sports’ Pat Forde.
- The school intends to interview defensive coordinator Phil Snow for the head coaching job, according to The Philadelphia Inquirer.
- Old Dominion head coach Bobby Wilder met with Temple representatives earlier this week, according to the Virginian-Pilot. Wilder’s agent also tells the paper they’re hoping to have a new long-term contract with ODU by the time ODU plays its bowl game on Dec. 23.
- The school has talked with Charlie Strong about its head coaching job, according to The Philadelphia Inquirer. The paper adds that Temple players want the school to promote defensive coordinator Phil Snow.
- Some names to watch for the Temple head coaching job could include Old Dominion head coach Bobby Wilder, Penn State offensive coordinator Joe Moorhead and Ohio State offensive coordinator Ed Warinner.
- Matt Rhule has been named head coach at Baylor.